CORNELL UNIVERSITY MEDIA ADVISORY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
High-tech, student-run multimedia powerhouse,
Slope Media Group, launches at Cornell, Aug. 31
Full-service media operation includes 24-hour TV, radio and mobile service
- WHAT: Cornell University’s Slope Media Group launch and information session
- WHEN: Monday, Sept. 10, 2007, 5-6 p.m.
- WHERE: Robert Purcell Community Center auditorium on the Cornell Campus
- WHO: Tommy Bruce, Cornell vice president for university communications; Tracy Vosburgh, Cornell director of multimedia development and production; and Yaw Joseph Etse ’08, president of Slope Media Group at Cornell.
- NOTE: For media coverage of the event and a tour of the facility, contact Sabina Lee at the Cornell Press Relations Office, (607)255-3024 or SSL37@cornell.edu.
ITHACA, N.Y. — Slope Media Group (SMG), Cornell University’s first comprehensive, student-run multimedia organization, has expanded its reach through additional multimedia platforms that include 24-hour television, radio and mobile broadcasting, as well as magazine publishing.
Headquartered on campus in Willard Straight Hall, with branch operations in New York City and Doha, Qatar, SMG hopes to bring together the Cornell community and student groups from all parts of the world to share their experience, knowledge and information through new, real-time media participation.
SMG began its operation in 2006 with Slope Radio, an online radio station, and now boasts more than 220 student participants working within the organizational structure, making it the largest student media organization at Cornell.
Live broadcast runs 24 hours a day on Slope TV at http://slopetv.com/ and CUTV Channel 111, in addition to Slope Radio at http://sloperadio.com/, where more information on SMG and complete listing of the programming schedule and synopsis are available. To submit your playlist, go to http://freshmen15.sloperadio.com/. Contact the Cornell Press Relations Office to arrange interviews and media tours.
Contact: Sabina Lee
Phone: (607) 255-3024
Cell: (607) 227-3341