“LINsanity!”February 21, 2012 —
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard something about New York Knicks guard, Jeremy Shu-How Lin. He is one of the most talked-about NBA players of this season and there are many reasons why:
- He’s a Harvard graduate with a degree in Economics. More specifically, he is the first Harvard grad in the NBA in 57 years.
- He’s one of very few Asian players in the league and only the fourth Asian American.
- He’s actually a good player…really good. With two of the Knicks’ major forces sitting out, Carmelo Anthony and Baron Davis, Lin has made a name for himself. He is one of 15 players since 1985 who has scored at least 20 points, 7 assists, and 1 steal in six games in a row. In the Knicks’ Sunday, Feb. 19th win against the Dallas Mavericks, Lin scored a career-high 28 points and had 14 assists, causing the Knicks to break the Mavs’ 7-game winning streak.
- He’s a genuinely humble guy. That isn’t an all-too-common thing for professional athletes, but, then again, Jeremy doesn’t seem like most professional athletes.
- His name is just so easy to make clever puns out of: “LINsanity, LIN-sational, LINning, LINderella Story .” The list goes on and on.
So, if you didn’t know about Jeremy Lin or why he is worth knowing in the first place, now you do: All he does is LIN, LIN, LIN.